The CFIDS Association of America was founded in 1987 and has established itself as the leading organization dedicated to chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS). It works towards its mission to make CFS widely understood, diagnosable, curable and preventable by stimulating research aimed at the early detection, objective diagnosis and effective treatment of CFS through expanded public, private and commercial investment.
The Association focuses its resources on advancing research, public policy and communications about CFS.
Click here to learn more about our Accelerate CFS Research Initiative, an expansion of our research program that began in 2008 and is building momentum.
The Association works with Congress and federal health agencies to make CFS a public health priority commensurate with its high prevalence, severity and economic impact. To learn more about the Association’s public policy work.
From the start, the CFIDS Association has been a leading source of credible information about CFS for patients, caregivers, family members, health care professionals, journalists, researchers, policymakers and thought leaders. Here are a few ways to keep up with the latest information about CFS:
- Visit Research1st our blog.
- Make sure to check out our "What’s New?" page and return often to see new content and features added to home page and the archives.
- Subscribe to our free monthly e-newsletter, Research1st News.
- Join us on Facebook.
- Make a donation and receive publications provided exclusively to Association supporters, like the SolveCFS: The Chronicle of the CFIDS Association of America, our triannual print newsletter.
- Check on the latest media coverage of CFS.
We’re continuously searching for new and cost-effective ways to reach people whose lives have been affected by CFS, so we hope you’ll stay in touch through one or more of these opportunities. Thank you for your interest in and support of the CFIDS Association of America.